Re: [idn] The purpose of IDN

I think it is important for IETF to understand as well as it can the side effects of using IDNA in applications - since I think user expectations will be high. This need not necessarily impinge on the IDNA specifications but it might cast light on the effectiveness of the IDNA design in actual use.

vint

At 01:25 PM 9/1/2002 -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:
>Is there some reason that the IETF should pursue this matter any more deeply than it has done for MIME?

Vint Cerf
SVP Architecture & Technology
WorldCom
22001 Loudoun County Parkway, F2-4115