Re: [idn] Document Status?

--On 2002-08-30 21.39 -0700 Dave Crocker <dhc@dcrocker.net> wrote:

> At 10:32 AM 8/31/2002 +0800, James Seng wrote:
>> I concur with Paul. The authors and the co-chairs have been working with
>> the ADs to address these issues.
>
> There seems to be a basic disparity of view about IETF process, here.
> Comments in a working group forum are not simply one-way input for a
> design team to take in and privately decide whether it wishes to
> incorporate.  Comments are for public discussion, review, and acceptance
> or rejection.

Dave, not at this time in the process. All documents have been handed over
from the wg to the AD. We have also passed last call.

When the document is in the lap of the AD, i.e. the wg chairs have passed
the document to the IESG, the comments follow a different path than before.

Comments during and after last call is to go to the AD.

In this case, we as document editors get request for changes from the AD,
we implement them, and report back to the mailing list what the changes are.

So, if you had issues during last call which you find are not implemented,
you should rise the issue with the AD in question.

As AD myself (for Applications Area), I find this being the _only_ way
possible to work. It can not happen that the IESG work on comments received
during last call. Normally about 50% of the (very few unfortunately) is
only sent to the IESG so the wg chair or document editors have absolutely
no clue the comments have come in. So, during the lifetime of the document,
either the wg chair or the AD is responsible for the document. The hand
over is when the wg chair go to the AD and claim the document is ready for
last call.

    paf