Re: [idn] Preserve case for IDNs during transportation

> But is it not the same experience for the DNS today?  Case is
> preserved during transport and matched by the server.

Yes, but existing servers don't know how to compare non-ASCII text
case-insensitively, so that model doesn't work with the existing
infrastructure.  You are free to use that model in newDNS.

Suppose ToASCII(X) == xx--foo, and ToASCII_without_Nameprep(X) ==
xx--bar.  We are not going to say that xx--foo and xx--bar are
equivalent, because the existing domain name standards already say they
are not equivalent.

AMC