Re: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-idna-08.txt

on 6/8/2002 11:51 AM Paul Hoffman / IMC said the following:
> At 11:38 AM -0500 6/8/02, Eric A. Hall wrote:

>>Case and normalization certainly should be in the expertise set of this
>>WG.
>
> Right, but that's not what you are arguing about. You are saying that
> we shouldn't impose them on all DNS RRs. The decision of what DNS RRs
> should be internationalized is for the DNSEXT WG.

Paul, I am arguing against an arbitry architectural decision which
prohibits alternative RRs and domain names from ever being used. Arguing
over the RRs themselves is not going to be productive if the architecture
won't support them.

So yes, I am arguing against the mandatory and unnecessary case and
normalization rules which are embedded into the architecture.