Re: [idn] Re: :Re: Last Call: Preparation of InternationalizedStrings ('strin

Patrik Fältström wrote:

> --On 2002-05-31 00.26 +0900 Soobok Lee <lsb@postel.co.kr> wrote:
>
> > This issues were raised at the time of IDN WG last call,  3 months ago.
>
> And my answer was exactly the same then as now. We can not do better. If
> Unicode is updated, you will either get inconsistency with the parties
> using the new version of Unicode (if IDN is not upgraded) or
> inconsistency with old registered names (if IDN is upgraded).

There are some alternatives here. We can certainly define our own Unicode
mapping table and make it available through a variety of means, and also
encourage synchronization. When unicode changes, we change the mapping
tables to handle any conflicts.

We could even put this stuff into a zone, and let people replicate from
that periodically, to encourage faster synchronization.