Re: [idn] Re: :Re: Last Call: Preparation of InternationalizedStrings ('strin

--On 2002-05-31 00.26 +0900 Soobok Lee <lsb@postel.co.kr> wrote:

> This issues were raised at the time of IDN WG last call,  3 months ago.

And my answer was exactly the same then as now. We can not do better. If
Unicode is updated, you will either get inconsistency with the parties
using the new version of Unicode (if IDN is not upgraded) or inconsistency
with old registered names (if IDN is upgraded).

The point is that the current scheme (a) trust Unicode when they say that
changes will be backward compatble and (b) IF they do an incompatible
change, we can at that point in time make the desicion -- we don't have to
decide now what path we take.

   paf