Re: [idn] Legacy charset conversion in draft-ietf-idn-idna-08.txt

At 3:25 PM +0200 5/27/02, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>I think the third paragraph of the security consideration should more
>clearly express that IDNA actually is vulnerable to the attack if
>machines, like most machines on the Internet, use legacy encodings.

It isn't clear what "the attack" is. There is clearly a problem for
the user when System A transcodes text from Encoding X into Unicode
differently than System B does, but I don't see what the security
issue is. Could you provide some suggested wording for the security
consideration?

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium