Re: [idn] 1st stringprep issue: not answered and ignored

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Hoffman / IMC" <phoffman@imc.org>
 ?

> You brought it up on the list in February; only one person supported
> your request, and he suggested that you take this to the Unicode
> Consortium.
>
> There are numerous threads on this mailing list about why we should
> use the Unicode Consortium tables, even if we we think there are some
> problems with them.

UTC casefolding (UAX21) is made for char-by-char casefolding,  not for
combining sequences, but stringprep blindly applies UAX21 into them.
That is not the problem of UAX21, rather  of the stringprep.

NFCing before casefolding solves this problem, but this suggestion
was also ignored or not discussed in depth.

Without any modificationa to UAX21 and NFKC and NFC, we could cure
this <I><dot above> stringprep errors, simply by adding NFC in
step zero in stringprep.

Soobok Lee