Re: [idn] nameprep vs. stringprep

> If this is so, why dont we also put in the mapping tables created by the CJK
> communities respectively on their particular issues (including jpchar
> hangulchar and tsconv) into the Stringprep respository?  Nameprep will not
> need to choose these tables, while people can get the information from those
> valuable discussions at a common place and decide whether to implement it
> themselves.

The tables currently in stringprep are only those that are going
be used by an IETF standard. Thus as more IETF standards do I18N
and need more stringprep profiles, stringprep might need additional
tables.

But adding tables to stringprep before there is an intended use for them
seems problematic - the IETF would have no criteria for what tables would
or would not go into stringprep.

   Erik