Re: [idn] nameprep vs. stringprep

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Nordmark" <Erik.Nordmark@sun.com>
> The intent is that stringprep define a bunch of tables and the stringprep
> profile then selects which table(s) of prohibited characters and mappings
> it want to use from stringprep. And if need be a stringprep profile can
> also add its own prohibitions and mappings although.
>
> Hence we get easier reuse of the tables of code points - nothing more
> and nothing less.

So you mean Stringprep will actually contain all the tables and then
Nameprep would be a profile that chooses which table to use?  So
essentially, stringprep will be sort of like a general framework plus a
mapping table repository.  I think this makes sense.

If this is so, why dont we also put in the mapping tables created by the CJK
communities respectively on their particular issues (including jpchar
hangulchar and tsconv) into the Stringprep respository?  Nameprep will not
need to choose these tables, while people can get the information from those
valuable discussions at a common place and decide whether to implement it
themselves.

Thoughts?

Edmon