Re: [idn] Re: 7 bits forever!

>Secondly, the proposed nameserver will definitely handle the original
form
>of DNS...

OK, in context, I thought you were talking about dropping 7-bit stuff
altogether.

>So, the idea is to respond in ACE if asked in ACE; respond in 8 if asked
in
>8 (also include the associated ACE to be used incase destination
>servers...http/mail/etc... are not upgraded).

OK, so then what's the advantage of UTF-8 over ACE? The range of
expression is the same; and, if you're replying with both, then the packet
size doesn't shrink.

|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer     |
|jstracke@incentivesystems.com   |Incentive Systems, Inc.|
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.|
|What if there were no hypothetical questions?           |