Re: [idn] Re: 7 bits forever!

> >That is, if we start thinking about "8+ everywhere" instead of "ACE
> >everywhere" scenario, then how we can get there from here.
>
> Same question: if you have a non-backwards-compatible server, how do you
> get people to use it?

Non-backwards-compatible server? A server that wont handle ASCII and only
handles UTF8... : >

There is only non-forward-compatible servers, and for any *entities* along
the path can be able to use the new protocol, it will pass thru, if at any
point the next hop is not able to use the new protocol, then the current hop
will be able to downgrade the 8bits to 7bits and try again. This is what we
were talking about, a smooth transition strategy.