Re: [idn] WG last call summary

with regard to the operation of registries, it occurs to me that
TC/SC equivalences create a signficant burden on registration -
will any registration of a sequence of such characters result in the
implicit registration of a potentially large equivalence class of
strings made up of substitutions of SC for TC or TC for SC in all
possible combinations? What about the matching question? Will a
canonical form be required that is in some sense the "generator"
of the equivalence class of all variations in TC/SC spellings?

Apologies if the above is overly cryptic. I do not claim to be
fully cognizant of all the debate that has occurred on this subject,
so perhaps this problem has already been dealt with - assuming the
terse description above is sufficiently understandable to describe
a known (and solved?) problem.

Vint Cerf