Re: [idn] WG last call summary

D. J. Bernstein <djb@cr.yp.to> wrote:

> Liar.

Nice!  And so professional, too.

> The people you're talking about wrote in response to your Last
> Call for IDNA. They told you that adopting IDNA would ``damage
Internet
> community in China and Taiwan'' and that adopting IDNA would cause
> ``conflicts and chaos for Internet users of Han characters.''

Nobody was ever able to explain to me, anyway, how providing Chinese
domain names in Han characters, but not mapping them between TC and SC,
could possibly cause more damage, conflict, and chaos than forcing the
Chinese to use ASCII, as the current system does.

> The bottom line, once again, is that at least fifteen regular WG
> participants and _hundreds_ of other people have written messages to
the
> IDN mailing list in opposition to IDNA.

Identically worded chain letters don't count.  It's the same thing when
you write to your congressperson: they throw out the Xeroxed ones
immediately.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California