RE: [idn] Comments on IDNA/stringprep/nameprep

At 7:02 PM +0100 2/13/02, Kent Karlsson wrote:
>  > The Unicode consoritium debated making the canonical decomposition
>>  the Korean national body at the Seoul SC2/WG2 meeting, where they said
>>  it should not be done; that it was akin to canonically decomposing "w"
>>  to "vv".
>
>With all due respect, I don't think that is the correct analysis.

It seems a tad inappropriate for the IETF to consider not only going
against the Unicode standard but *also* against the desires of the
Korean national body to ISO because of the desires of a small number
of people who are neither representatives of standards bodies or the
national governments that are most interested in the script in
question.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium