RE: [idn] Few comments on idna

> > Agreed.  How about "Punycode: An encoding of Unicode for use with IDNA"?

In the UTR 17 model, Punycode is a "Transfer Encoding Syntax" (TES),

A few other things are TESes: UTF-7, MIME/QP, MIME/BASE64, GB/HZ,
and also the syntaxes \uhhhh of Java/C and &#xhhhhh; of XML.

I would not simply refer to Punycode as an "encoding", as to many
that would suggest that it was a Character Encoding Scheme or
Character Encoding Form.

		Kind regards
		/kent k

PS
This comment does NOT mean that I endorse or even in the tiniest way
support Punycode, QP, or HZ.  For IDNs, I still favour using UTF-8.