Re: [idn] A question...

Many people are in the situation where they have to communicate
a string of CJK characters over the telephone, and they have to
get the exact characters (for example in someone's name) and
not just something that sounds and means something similar. It's
a pain, but people deal with it by giving the sound, the meaning,
and and extra details about the structure of the character that may
be needed to pin down the exact glyph.