Re: Inputting mixed SC/TC (Re: [idn] A question...)

> What is strange, to me, about this discussion is that there is a
> way to delay CDN deployment without impacting Korean or
> Japanese.  It is fairly simple, and does not require that the
> IDN WG agree. And I had assumed it would be obvious to everyone.
> Specifically, the four NICs simply refuse to register such
> names.  You try to convince Singapore and other countries with
> large Chinese-speaking populations to join them in that
> prohibition.  You expand on Erin's document, some of Prof
> Tseng's notes, and other comments and examples which have been
> introduced here to provide other registries cautions about the
> problems they could cause by registering such names.  And you
> try to convince ICANN to prohibit those names in gTLDs.   From
> the perspective of this WG, that is a policy move, made in
> policy forums.  The fact that the WG provides a _mechanism_ for
> encoding CDNs does not imply that any registry need _permit_
> CDNs.  And it seems to me that, at this late date and given the
> overlapping Japanese and Korean issues, that may be your most
> efficient way forward on this particular problem.
>
> regards,
>      john

After reading all the email exchanges lately concerning the TC<->SC
issue, I must admit that this part of John's email is the most
constructive.  It reminds of the Chinese saying:

塞翁失马,焉知非福

Which is literally translated as:
"A man who lost his horse is neither fortune nor misfortune."

or roughly translated to mean:
"What ever will be... will be."

Thanks,
Ben