Re: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-nameprep-07.txt

"Adam M. Costello" wrote:

> There are some code points that are prohibited in host names, but not
> in all textual domain names.

These include the octet values to which I was referring. Jut as a domain
name can include underscore and period, it can also include the
codepoint values for NUL, BS, CRLF, or any other value in the range of
0x00-0xFF.

> I support the prohibition of all other whitespace characters, because
> it would be nasty to distinguish between different kinds of
whitespace,
> but I'm not so confident about the prohibition of ASCII space.  That
one
> could stand some more scrutiny.

Unless you are planning to update STD13, all octet values need to be
passed
for non-hostname domain names.