RE: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-nameprep-07.txt

At 5:07 PM -0800 2/6/02, Yves Arrouye wrote:
>Is it just me (having just browsed through that), or is the new prohibited
>table looking strange? It starts with:
>
>0000-0020
>007F
>0080-009F
>
>so a bunch of ASCII characters are not prohibited anymore.

It's not just you. They are prohibited in IDNA for other reasons, so
we took them out of nameprep because the prohibition was redundant.

>  For instance, the
>name $$$.com is now allowed.

No, nor has it ever been. nameprep is called by IDNA. If you see a
way to get "$$$" though IDNA, but all means let us know, because it
should not.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium