[idn] stringprep comment 3

 In stringprep 'abstract'

"Abstract

This document describes a framework for preparing text strings in order
to increase the likelihood that string input and string comparison work
in ways that make sense for typical users throughout the world. The
stringprep protocol is useful for protocol identifier values, company
and personal names, internationalized domain names, and other text
strings."

Do you see  "increase the likelihood ..." , not "ensure"  ?
How humble and modest assertion!
But, how can such framework serve for protocol *identifier* values ?

Can any stable and trustworthy identifier system rely on
 rules that are just *likely to work for typical users* ?

"In this case, "correct" means that if two different people enter what
they think is the same string into two different input mechanisms, the
strings should match on a character-by-character basis."

This requirement  is not met  in "turkish < I dot-above> and <I><dot-above>" .
Current version of stringprep fails to unifiy them and therefore
fails to satisfy   *typical* azeri and lithuanian users.

Soobok Lee