RE: [idn] IDN WG Last Call: draft-hoffman-stringprep-00.txt

At 11:29 AM 1/29/2002 -0500, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:
>Fine, Dave, it's a little uncommon for a WG to be last-calling a document
>that isn't a WG work item and I wanted to be sure that we weren't getting
>into a process issue that would cause problems later.  I understand the
>relationship to the nameprep draft and withdraw the suggestion given Marc's
>explanation that the ADs are OK with the process.

On the theory that the IETF makes standards of documents that are not part
of a working group -- and indeed it does do this -- then it is difficult to
imagine a problem with that document being first put through a working
group review and approval.

You folks get top marks for thinking of the issue and raising it, but we
are almost assuredly safe waiting for the IESG to push back on this one.  I
can't imagine that they will.

d/

Dave Crocker  <mailto:dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253;  fax +1.408.273.6464