Re: [idn] Mapping and Prohibit of code points

----- Original Message -----
From: "YangWoo Ko" <newcat@spsoft.co.kr>

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 09:54:33AM +0100, Erik Nordmark wrote:
> >
> > > Your conclusion seems to be too hasty. As far as I can tell from postings
> > > so far, they do not want "pre-" matured solution to be deployed which will
> > > prevent deployment of "well-" matured solution in the future. That's it.
> > >
> > > As Kenny Huang suggested, if nobody had a tangible solution right now in
> > > hand, please make this off-topic for a while, and wait for good solution.
> >
> > Clarifying question: You could be suggesting two very different things and
> > I'd like to understand which one it is.
> > 1. All work in the IDN WG should be suspended while we wait for a good
> > solution. 2. We should wait discussing a claimed good solution until there is
> > a clear
> >    Internet-Draft specifying such a solution and meanwhile proceed with the
> >    documents that are in working group last call.
> >
> > Which one did you mean?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >   Erik
>
> Dear Erik Nordmark,
>
> Thank you for giving me a chance to clarify my statement.
>
> It is too late to select option 1. So, I can not but select option 2.
> But, I have not seen "a claimed good solution" yet. Instead, what Chinese
> friends suggested is just exclusion of Chinese characters code range
> for this round of standardization, just like we are doing for some
> prohibited characters. I wish Chinese friends may find good solution
> in the near future, and then we can re-start discussion based on that
> solution.

I don't think it's too late. In Chinese, there is a idiom "steal bell after plug up ears ",
its meaning is:
the fact is always be fact whether you concern it or not.
the problem is always be problem while it is not be solved.
the only different is the problem is waiting for us in the near future.

Deng xiang