[idn] Future difficulties because of IDNA

From the discussions I have had on the namedroppers list I see
that at least two things will be more difficult when we introduce
native UCS in DNS because of IDNA:

1) Additional overhead.
    This is because of IDNA, a UCS client MUST first query the server
   if the server can handle UCS, and then send the real query.
   Without IDNA the client could send the query without knowing
   if the server supports UCS or not.

2) DNSSEC will probably be much more complex to handle due to
   having both ACE encoded and native UCS labels.

I see a risk that IDNA will kill native support for internationalisation
of DNS.

    Dan