Re: [idn] Mapping and Prohibit of code points

In a message dated 2002-01-28 8:47:06 Pacific Standard Time,
tsenglm@cc.ncu.edu.tw writes:

> About  JAN  2000 ,
> one company come to Taiwan and announced they supply  ML-gTLD  "__"
> (chinese name of .com) registration and  it will be a IETF and ICANN
> standard in near furture .  The worst , this company also announced they
> also supply ML-ccTLD "__" (chinese name of  TW) .  We find this company
> used the client solution to transform ML to ASCII string and append a domain
> to it.  That is one of the technology will cause infringement.
>            The experimental testbed is restrict to chinese character only
> and testing before the nameprep propasal. Actually, the testing registration

I thought a cardinal rule of IDN was that compatibility with previously
constructed testbeds, especially those geared toward a single language or
script and those which violate the premises of this IDN (e.g. no nameprep),
was a non-goal.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California