Re: WL Development

At Thu, 14 Jan 2010 20:43:50 +0100,
Vitaly Mayatskikh wrote:

> At Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:32:16 -0500, David Abrahams wrote:
>
> > Oof.  Maybe we should just start a WL-EN community using Git and
> > ignore the cvs repo or merge its changes in periodically (e.g. see the
> > patch I gisted).
>
> CVS is still alive, it's not a good idea to omit it completely. /me
> personally hate CVS, however. Perhaps, this is the main reason why I
> can't found time to transfer patches from more-wl to CVS: I simply
> reopen how to deal with CVS every time I touch it... ;)

Given the simplicity of the more-wl patch I posted, I think this
really should be very easy.  If they'll give me access; I'll happily
merge your changes.

But you _can_ do this yourself:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/584522/how-to-export-revision-history-from-mercurial-or-git-to-cvs/584567

> > I wanted to improve Gnus' IMAP implementation years ago but found
> > the "architecture" of that system completely intractable.
>
> Same here. Gnus entrails are terrible. I did some patches for IMAP
> in Gnus (see http://repo.or.cz/w/more-gnus.git), but Gnus community
> is also in stagnation, they don't want to completely break old
> unsupported code. The main problem of Gnus is bad, ugly, terrific
> code. Wl is much clearer in that respect. Thanks to authors, they
> kept it sane and well designed.

Yep, apparently.

> > > However, I was surprised by
> > > huge amount of traffic in the mail list when got back from vacation :)
> >
> > This list, the Japanese one, or...?
>
> This one. I had impression, someone has posted new complimentary
> article about Wl on the Internet :)

I hadn't seen any.

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com