Re: WL Development

At Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:32:16 -0500, David Abrahams wrote:

> Oof.  Maybe we should just start a WL-EN community using Git and
> ignore the cvs repo or merge its changes in periodically (e.g. see the
> patch I gisted).

CVS is still alive, it's not a good idea to omit it completely. /me
personally hate CVS, however. Perhaps, this is the main reason why I
can't found time to transfer patches from more-wl to CVS: I simply
reopen how to deal with CVS every time I touch it... ;)

> I wanted to improve Gnus' IMAP implementation years ago but found the
> "architecture" of that system completely intractable.

Same here. Gnus entrails are terrible. I did some patches for IMAP in
Gnus (see http://repo.or.cz/w/more-gnus.git), but Gnus community is
also in stagnation, they don't want to completely break old
unsupported code. The main problem of Gnus is bad, ugly, terrific
code. Wl is much clearer in that respect. Thanks to authors, they kept
it sane and well designed.

> > However, I was surprised by
> > huge amount of traffic in the mail list when got back from vacation :)
>
> This list, the Japanese one, or...?

This one. I had impression, someone has posted new complimentary
article about Wl on the Internet :)
--
wbr, Vitaly