Re: new version of the CPE Rtr draft is ready for review

On Dec 8, 2008, at 01:57, Mohacsi Janos wrote:

I think more than95% percent of the home users belongs to this category. More sophisticated methods (DHCPv6 with prefix delegation) could be offered to the rest of the users...

I disagree. I foresee a time in the very near future when most residential users will need at least two subnets, one for their own use and one for the use of their guests with mobile devices. I do not believe residential subscribers will accept systems that require giving their temporary guests full access to their private home networks even on a temporary basis.

--
james woodyatt <jhw@apple.com>
member of technical staff, communications engineering