Re: new version of the CPE Rtr draft is ready for review

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Gert Doering wrote:

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 06:48:53PM +0100, Mohacsi Janos wrote:
Disadvantages:
- Only one /64 could be allocated to end users - no multiple subnet possible

I think this is a serious-enough disadvantage that we would not want to
use ND proxy.

I think NDproxy is one option - option for clueless users how just connect their devices directly on the CPE wired/or wireless and not configuring any VLANs or subnets.

I think more than95% percent of the home users belongs to this category. More sophisticated methods (DHCPv6 with prefix delegation) could be offered to the rest of the users...

I think ND proxy could be used for mass IPv6 broadband deployment:
- no configuration required from end users on their router box if NDproxy is supported and switched on by default.

Best Regards,
		Janos Mohacsi