RE: new version of the CPE Rtr draft is ready for review

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, HENDERICKX Wim wrote:

Janos,

Using SLAAC/ND proxy on the uplink can give some security implication
for sure when N:1 broadband architectures are used, so I think it is
better to use DHCP/DHCP PD to overcome these. service providers are used
to DHCP in broadband environments.

Yes I know. This can be a problem for cable operators. Therefore I propose this one only as an option. In my view NDproxy can be applied in:

Broadband DSL Networks - PPP Terminated Aggregation (PTA) Model
- L2TPv2 Access Aggregation (LAA) Model

Broadband Ethernet Networks
- PPP Terminated Aggregation (PTA) Model
- L2TPv2 Access Aggregation (LAA) Model

and probably:
Wireless LAN
- PPP-Based Model