Re: Comments on the NAT66 draft

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:16:29AM +0100, Gunter Van de Velde (gvandeve) wrote:
>  [ DHCPv6 makes renumbering easy, but... ]
>
> For end-systems statefull addressing could aid, however what about BGP
> sessions, addressing of network elements, access-lists, firewalls,
> etc... These will require manual handling and if realizing some networks
> count +10k network devices the operational overhead involved is not to
> be deminished.

Full agreement.  This is the sort of issues I had in mind where renumbering
might not be *that* easy.

(Just to avoid confusion.  When I mentioned customers asking for IPv6 PI
or NAT66 "solutions", this wasn't speaking about purely consumer-style
end users.  For those, I see no benefit in either approaches)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  128645

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279