Re: Comments on the NAT66 draft

Rémi Després writes:
EricLKlein@softhome.net   (1-12/1-31/200x) 11/7/08 7:23 PM:
I agree with Brian, MAT would work as it breaks from the NAT mentality and may be more manageable in the future.
About the choice of an acronym that differs from NAT:
- MAT (mapped address translation) does not suggest that no (non reversible) translation is applied. It also suggests that mapping and translation can be simultaneous, rather than having distinct properties. - SAM66 (stateless address mapping), which I like, may be problematic because of all the new technical contents that goes with SAM. ==> What about, at least for the time being, NAM66 (network address mapping), or NAC66 (network address conversion).

I can live with anything that is not NAT.