Re: implications of 6to4 for v6coex

On 20/09/2008, at 12:15 PM, james woodyatt wrote:
There is clearly something broken about 6to4, and I'm not sure how to fix it. Can it be saved as a standard?

It works just fine, and with vendors' current implementations (ie. ignoring that paragraph), the concerns that these providers have raised are not a problem.

So, yes, I would say that it's very easy to save, provided that we don't attempt to make this mechanism (which is intended for use only in a transition period) be all things to everybody. I don't think anyone is suggesting that 6to4 is going to be perfect, so let's accept that it's not, and instead try to make it practical.

I note that the things we're trading away are problems that any IPv4 anycast system has, and it works just fine for many fairly important things.

--
Nathan Ward