From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:idsubmission@ietf.org]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 6:58 PM
To: Miyata, Hiroshi (H.Miyata@jp.yokogawa.com)
Cc: Endou, Masahito (Masahito.Endou@jp.yokogawa.com)
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-miyata-v6ops-snatpt-01

A new version of I-D, draft-miyata-v6ops-snatpt-01.txt has been successfuly submitted by Hiroshi Miyata and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-miyata-v6ops-snatpt
Revision:        01
Title: sNAT-PT: Simplified Network Address Translation - Protocol Translation
Creation_date:   2008-09-08
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 27

Abstract:
This document specifies an IPv4-to-IPv6 transition mechanism to provide accessibility for IPv6 node to IPv4 node, and vice-versa. The goal of this document is not providing the most fundamental technology which could works well with additional technology. We used to have an technology called NAT-PT[RFC2766]. NAT-PT was designed to work with problematic DNS Application Level Gateway. So, it was changed to historical state by [RFC4966]. This document attempts to simplify NAT-PT specification, removing dependability on Application Layer Gateway as well as resolving problems pointed in [RFC4966].

The IETF Secretariat.