Re: Some suggestions for draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-simple-security-03

Brian E Carpenter   (m/j/a) 8/26/08 2:57 AM:
On 2008-08-26 12:11, Dan Wing wrote:
Brian E Carpenter wrote:
But blocking tunnels by default, although it's simple, also
blocks innovation. That worries me.
Would your worry go away if the IETF initiated a standards effort around
something like Apple's ALD (draft-woodyatt-ald-03.txt)?

I believe that something like that is needed.

I also support that remote control of packet filtering should be standardized.

IMO, its scope should cover both:
- CPE control by hosts
- control of ISP provided filtering devices by customer sites.

RD