RE: translator friendly DNS Proxy

Hi, Dan

> > Hi, all
> >
> > I submitted this document.
> >
> > In this document, I proposed DNS proxy that is separated
> from NAT-PT.
> > This document describes about relationship DNS proxy and sNATPT[1].
> > I think that this DNS proxy can collabolate with other translation
> > technologies.
> >
> > I know that this working group isn't appropriate to discuss
> such kind
> > items, but I informed this document bacause many people that are
> > interested in subscribed this mailing list.
> > And, if there is more suitable working group to discuss it, please
> > tell me that.
>
> The Behave working group would be best,
> <http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/behave-charter.html>.  I
> just forwarded your announcement to the Behave mailing list.

Thanks for your information.
I just subscribed :)

> > [1] sNATPT: Miyata, H., "Simplified Network Address Translation -
> > Protocol Translation"
> >                    draft-miyata-v6ops-snatpt-00
>
> I read your draft, and it seems like the Translator Interface
> is the key -- it is the interface between the DNS Proxy
> (which synthesizes AAAA records) you describe, and the NAT-PT
> itself (which NATs between v6 and v4).
>
> Do I understand correctly?

Yes.
But actual key point is that the translator interface can separate DNS Proxy from NAT-PT.

If a translator has NAPT-PT rule for IPv6 to IPv4 translation, the translator interface is not required.
In this case, a translator maps a lot of IPv6 source addresses to one IPv4 source address,
so DNS Proxy doesn't need to care an IPv4 source address.

best regards,

// masaxmasa