Re: draft-durand-dual-stack-lite

On 30 jul 2008, at 18:12, james woodyatt wrote:

This deficiency in the dual-stack-lite architecture could be addressed by making an explicit guarantee that all the nodes behind a single IPv6 tunnel to the NAT will be mapped to a single public IPv4 address.

I also have concerns about hairpinning in the dual-stack-lite architecture. Not only must the NAT exhibit proper hairpinning behavior, it must hairpin properly between multiple overlapping customer address realms. I see no mention of hairpinning at all in this draft. If it's out of scope, I'd like to see a reference to the documents for which it *is* in scope.

Please have a look at the NAT64 draft. Apart from the presence of IPv4 headers, the specification of the behavior of the NAT64 translator can also apply to Alain's carrier grade NAT.

In the NAT64 draft we specify conformance to the BEHAVE requirements, so ICE will get you through the NAT.

I may be mistaken, but I think it should be doable to make a UPnP/NAT- PMP to STUN "translator" and get incoming stuff to the hosts like this.