Re: New (-02) version of IPv6 CPE Router draft is available for review

On 7/18/08 6:43 PM, "Hemant Singh (shemant)" <shemant@cisco.com> wrote:

> Alain,
>
> Draft dual-stack-lite looks alright to me. Good job.

Thank you!

> Since SNAT proposes using a softwire for the v4 in v6 tunnel, the CPE
> Router will add support for such a softwire. We already include a
> softwire for v6 in v4 tunnel in our -02 draft. Our draft will leave TBD
> for how does the CPE Router obtain dual-stack lite carrier-grade NAT
> device IPv6 address.

2 things.

A) I'd like to use a simpler encap for dual-stack lite. No need for L2TP,
just IPv4 in IPv6.
B) About the tunnel end point discovery, you may simply say that the CPE
must have the option to manually configure it and that a yet-to-be-defined
DHCPv6 option might help.

  - Alain.