From: Shane Kerr [mailto:shane@time-travellers.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 11:00 AM
To: Wes Beebee (wbeebee)
Cc: v6ops@ops.ietf.org; Hemant Singh (shemant)
Subject: Re: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review

Wes,

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 01:14:22PM -0400, Wes Beebee (wbeebee) wrote:

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wbeebee-ipv6-cpe-router-00.t
> xt

5.5.  Stateful DHCPv6 server requirements for the CPE Router

   The CPE Router may support a stateful DHCPv6 server to serve clients
   on the CPE Router LAN interface(s).  If the CPE Router needs to
   support a stateful DHCPv6 server, then more details will be added to
   this section specifying the minimal functionality that the stateful
   DHCPv6 server needs to support.

Perhaps you could ask the good folks in the DHC working group to comment
on this section?

I think the state of DHCPv6 technology is too immature to require it for
a CPE router (although DOCSIS 2.0 requires it, so maybe not), but it
does have a lot of potential benefits (such as chaining information
found in a prefix delegation from the Service Provider to hosts on the
inside).

--
Shane