FW: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review

Forwarding for Hemant to continue the discussion...

- Wes

-----Original Message-----
From: Hemant Singh (shemant)
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 3:20 PM
To: 'Shin Miyakawa'; davidm@thetiger.com
Cc: swmike@swm.pp.se; Wes Beebee (wbeebee); v6ops@ops.ietf.org;
yasuhiro@nttv6.jp; sven.ooghe@alcatel-lucent.com; Hemant Singh (shemant)
Subject: RE: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review

Shin,

Thanks for your comments. We agree with (A) below. As for (B), we leave
it to the mailer to decide if it's a MUST for the CPE router to support
the link-local only WAN model or the MUST can be a MAY. As we said to
Mikael's review yesterday, we see no technical problems with the CPE
router supporting the link-local only WAN model. Of course, we totally
want the first model to be a MUST for the CPE router to support - in
this model the WAN interface acquires a global IPv6 address.

Hemant & Wes.