Re: How to include APBP scenarios in the Coexistence RequirementI-D

Brian E Carpenter  - Le 6/19/08 11:54 PM :

There's also draft-cheshire-nat-pmp of course. I think
this can be included as an open question in the requirements
draft, and the discussion is probably broader than just v6ops.

Thanks a lot.
I had missed this important one!

Its scope does differ from that of APBP in that:
- its NAT-PMP deals with port mappings *in NAT devices*
- APBP deals with address-port borrowing from APBP servers where *NATs are avoided* (IPv4 packets can be just encapsulated and decapsulated).

I plan to study the NAT-PMP draft in details, and hopefully identify how much of it can be extended or adapted to the scope of APBP.

Where a "broader" discussion could start is an interesting question.
So far, v6ops seemed to me the best fit, but any other decision would be fine.

Regards.

Rémi