Re: I-D Action:draft-ietf-v6ops-nat64-pb-statement-req-00.txt

teemu.savolainen@nokia.com  - Le 6/18/08 8:32 AM :
... I wonder if it is a required feature that IPv4-only
applications can connect to IPv6 destinations? I.e. if application has
to connect to IPv6-destinations, the application should be updated to
support IPv6.

I share this view, and believe the point is important.

- On one hand, scenarios where a v4-only host connects to a v6-only host do raise ineresting problems from a theoretical point of view.

- But on the other hand, IETF suggesting that solutions to these problems should be deployed would be a disincentive to the generalization of v4&v6, in both Hosts and applications. This IMO would be a step backward.

Rémi