Re: Router Solicitations

Thank you for your response. Just to make it perfectly clear to me:
How long is a unicast address valid?
- Until the host gets disconnected from the link?
- Until some timeout expires (e.g. Router Lifetime, DHCP Lifetime)?
- Some other trigger (e.g. L2 trigger)?

For example: If a host gets disconnected (e.g. wire gets pulled out) from a link and shortly after it gets reconnected. Does it send the Router Solicitation with its previous address or the unspecified address?

Thank you so much for answering.
Best regards
  Niklas

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 wrote: