Re: I-D Action:draft-ietf-v6ops-nat64-pb-statement-req-00.txt

marcelo bagnulo braun wrote :
During some of the discussion, for instance during the one on DNSSec, people have expressed that they don't feel that we need to require DNSSec support for v4 initiated communications cause these where not relevant.

So, i guess we need to define this

comments?

IMO, trying to propose solutions for v4 initiated communications at the same time as those for v6 initiated ones, would result into counterproductive delays.

Rationale:

- Dual stack hosts that have v6 connectivity and no public v4 address, and that have to reach legacy v4-only servers, should have a better solution than through cascaded v4-to-v4 NATs.

- Dual stack hosts that have v4 addresses will most probably get also v6 connectivity (possibly trough tunnels) well before v4 to v6 NATs can be specified, implemented and deployed.

Regards.

Rémi