Re: IPv6 Flow Label

On Mon, 5-May-08, at 08:33 , Rémi Després wrote:
Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
Le Friday 02 May 2008 22:16:02 ext Philip Matthews, vous avez écrit :

TURN-08 will say that a server should copy the flow label, and if this cannot be done, then treat the packets to/from each peer as a separate
flow with separate labels. This is all part of the new concept of a
Preserving allocation (what I called a "Fully-Compliant allocation" in
Philly) that I am in the process of adding right now.
I myself am not sure what the "proper" handling of the flow infos is. If anyone knows, that would be some 6man and/or v6ops people (not including me). Flow infos is not just like DSCP. Reflecting this, the Linux(-specific) API for flow infos is completely different from that of DSCP and TTL...

Pending any approved use of flow labels, there is IMU only one consistent behavior, everywhere: the flow label field MUST be ignored when received, and MUST be set to 0 when created .

If and when some use is approved, it will be time to decide whether, in TURN in particular, another behavior is more appropriate.

What about RFC 3697 ??
Are you saying that this does not describe approved behavior?

- Philip