Re: multihoming requirement and NAT64

On 29 mrt 2008, at 11:32, George Tsirtsis wrote:

GT> Sorry, I am slow this morning but what does this mean exactly? Are
you talking about one NAT64 box connected to two ISPs? or are you
talking about two NAT64 boxes serving the same IPv6-stab,

What's an IPv6-stab?

What I'm talking about is the situation where a user is using one translator, the translator fails and the user needs to switch to another translator.

In order for this to work, the user needs to see a new /96 for the other translator relatively fast. So either the user needs to switch to a different DNS resolver for existing NAT-PT, which I don't think can happen quickly as a reaction to a failure beyond the local link, or the DNS ALG / host itself needs to see a new /96 prefix though some TBD mechanism fairly quickly.