Re: multihoming requirement and NAT64

On 28 mrt 2008, at 18:07, marcelo bagnulo wrote:

What kind of multihoming are we talking about?

My understanding is that we are talking about the possibility of having multiple NAT64, possible located in different ISPs

Ok. I think this SHOULD go into the requirements:

It seems to me that not having any session preserving multihoming support isn't worse than NAT44, so there is no need to make this a requirement - with one small exception: in order to successfully fail over to a different translator, the entity that creates the full IPv6 address from the IPv4 address and the translator prefix MUST be able to discover a /96 prefix for a working translator fairly quickly after the failure of a previously used translator. I'm not sure what "fairly quickly" would mean in this context, though. Certainly not days or hours. Minutes? Seconds, even?