[Fwd: [BEHAVE] ICE and v4v6NATs]

FYI

the discussion is on the behave ml

-------- Mensaje original --------
Asunto: 	[BEHAVE] ICE and v4v6NATs
Fecha: 	Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:34:42 +0100
De: 	marcelo bagnulo <marcelo@it.uc3m.es>
Para: 	behave@ietf.org

Hi,

In the v6ops WG we are defining the requirements for next generation v4 <-> v6 NATs. One issue that it is not clear to use (among many), is what level of ICE support shoudl be required, or what type of interaction between these boxes and ICE should be required.

The scenario that we are considering is the following one:

+----------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|           v4 Internet            |         v6 Internet           |
| +------+                   +------------+               +------+ |
| | IPv4 |                   |   NAT64    |               | IPv6 | |
| | node |                   | Translator |               | node | |

Now, would it be possible to use ICE in this scenario?
I am kind of confused cause using ICE would imply exposing v6 addresses to v4 nodes and viceversa, right? i don't know if that makes sense...

any comments on this would be really helpful

thanks, marcelo