Re: draft-despres-v6ops-6rd-ipv6-rapid-deployment

On Mar 11, 2008, at 15:36, Pekka Savola wrote:

The former is more difficult to generalize but provides better p2p traffic optimization.

Some would say that it provides *worse* P2P traffic optimization, i.e. it makes it more difficult for vertically integrated service providers to keep P2P traffic from consuming valuable network resources better used for value-added, intermediated communications.

Pardon me, please-- I'm not sure I see where optimizing IPv6 operations for P2P traffic is a goal of this working group.

--
james woodyatt <jhw@apple.com>
member of technical staff, communications engineering