Home network topology

	Hello,

I recall Iljitsch raising the question a while ago (I could be wrong), but I
don't recall any conclusive answer. So...

As new layer-2 technologies show up, and as ISP are more and more commonly
provisioning the CPE, we see more and more nested routers within the home. In
IPv4, this is usually resolved using nested NATting (which is quite bad). If
the Microsoft Vista requirements are followed, we would have bridging instead
(which is not perfect but much better).

So how do we expect to chain network boxes in the home when IPv6 comes to the
picture? Is it so that we expect some recursive usage of DHCPv6-PD? I believe
we need some kind of answer, as this may affects a bunch of current I-Ds, as
well as requirements for v6-capable CPEs.

For instance, 6to4rd is now proposing that only a /64 be assigned to a given
customer. If we expect the home to be fully bridged, that's fine. Otherwise,
there's going to be an interesting problem.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont